12/8/08

Please Pray for Our Priests.

Pictured here are Fr. Joe Whalen (left) with Fr. Ed Sousa Jr.



We Pray for our Priests this Advent

picture by Easter A.
Pier at Mokapu in Honolulu


The prayer below was posted by Fr. Valencheck on his blog, Adam's Ale. How important it is to pray for our priests, especially during the busiest seasons of our Church such as the Advent and Christmas! With fervent and joyful hearts, we pray...“Father Bruno’s PRAYER FOR PRIESTS” 1925


*O almighty and eternal God, look upon the face of Your Christ, and for love of Him who is the eternal High-priest, have pity on your priests. Remember, O most compassionate God, that they are but weak and frail human beings. Stir up in them the grace of their vocation which in them by the imposition of the Bishop’s hands. Keep them close to You, lest the enemy prevail against them, so that they may never do anything in the slightest degree unworthy of their sublime vocation.

O Jesus, I pray You for Your faithful and fervent priests; for Your unfaithful and tepid priests; for You priests laboring at home or abroad in distant mission fields; for Your tempted priests; for Your lonely and desolate priests; for Your sick priests; for Your aged priests, for Your dying priests; for the souls of Your priests in purgatory. But above all I commend to You the priests dearest to me: the priest who baptized me; the priest who absolved me from my sins; the priest at whose Masses I assisted and who have me Your Body and Blood in Holy Communion; the priest who taught and instructed me or helped me and encourage me; all the priest to whom I am indebted in any other way, particularly . . . O Jesus, keep them all close to Your heart, and bless them abundantly in time and in eternity. Amen

No comments: