4/24/09

A Profile in Courage: I Am Dying by John Antonizio


ALS/MND nickname "The Thief"...
Thu, 9th April, 2009


ALS/MND is a terminal disease with no known cure, it can strike women/men in the mid term of their life. Though no reason or why this disease strikes, it is mostly in men. It's nickname is "The Thief", a muscle and nerve disease. It is a breakdown in communication between the brain and nerves that command the muscles. Walking, talking, eating ar some of the areas that are affected. Simple things like turning a key, holding a face cloth, taking a showere, dressing/undressing, hands in and out of pockets, buttoning, zippering become major tasks. Everyone is different, but with me, speaking has become labored. Go to my website; Tomorrowisnotmine.com check out the variety of links, information and views. If my site can help one person with ALS/MND or someone you might know that might have it, to me it is worth it! Please pray for my family, and may God have mercy on me.
You can view John's website at http://www.tomorrowisnotmine.com/

3 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

My mom and I are praying for John. Thank you Ed for telling us about him and this terrible disease.

Ed Sousa said...

Your welcome Esther and I thank you and your Mom for your prayers for John.
God Bless

John said...

I want to thank all of you praying for me and my family, if anyone has any intentions or requests e-mail me jwantonizio@aol.com
Let me pray for you!