4/19/10

Dear Family of Mary


April 19, 2010
Dear Family of Mary!
"Dear children
Also today I call you to pray for peace. Pray with the heart, little children, and do not lose hope because God loves His creatures. He desires to save you, one by one, through my coming here. I call you to the way of holiness. Pray, and in prayer you are open to God's will; in this way, in everything you do, you realize God's plan in you and through you. Thank you for having responded to my call." (March 25, 2003)

Not long ago I had a conversation with a good friend. She shared an experience with me that has really stuck with me since then. She said that recently she had an occasion to seek counsel from a friend who happens to be a nun. She shared her difficulty with her friend and then this sister began to pray for her over the phone. Instead of talking about the problem, she just prayed in the Spirit. My friend said that this sister just prayed and prayed for a long, long time. My friend said that at the end of the prayer she felt much different. She felt lighter and more at peace. The prayer was a big help for her.
Later it hit me that this sister was acting very much like Our Lady. How many times have we heard from the visionaries that during the apparition Our Lady prays over all who are present! They report very often that Our Lady prays for a long, long time over the people there. Often it is this prayer that takes up most of the time of the apparition. In the same way, I have seen Vicka pray over pilgrims for a long, long time. She seems able to focus her whole being and to pray with her whole heart for those who come to see her. He little hands have a strong grip, and she holds on with determination as she prays for the pilgrims. She seems to be able to pray in the Spirit for extended periods of time with complete composure and peace. And many people have been healed through her prayer!
Finally, I experienced something similar recently when I found myself at Mass. I happened to sit by someone I love and don't see very often. Usually I can get distracted by the people I am near at Mass and think about all kinds of things. But on that day I was reminded of what my friend shared about the sister praying for her, and I felt directed to just silently pray for my friend. I prayed for what was for me a long time, offering my Mass for her and just asking for blessings for her. I even surprised myself! The Holy Spirit helped me to focus and pray. And after Mass I had a wonderful conversation with that person, and felt the grace of our encounter!Well, you can see what I am getting at. We would be much better off if we began to be more like Our Lady and Vicka and that sister! Prayer is a much better use of our time that talking or worrying! In prayer we draw close to God's will. As Our Lady says, "Pray, and in prayer you are open to God's will; in this way, in everything you do, you realize God's plan in you and through you." In prayer we draw down God's blessing on ourselves and all those around us. In prayer we find all the answers to our problems and unleash the healing power of God into our situations. Prayer connects us with the source of all power, truth, light, life and love! Wow, wouldn't we like to be connected to this?"Pray with the heart, little children, and do not lose hope because God loves His creatures." Let's pray for a long, long time for our families, our friends, our acquaintances, our enemies, our Church, and anyone else that God brings into our lives. Let's be like Our Lady and just pray, pray, pray!
In Jesus and Mary! Cathy Nolan
© Mary TV 2010 http://www.marytv.tv/

No comments: