4/21/10

God's Word: Speak Lord Your Servant is Listening



"Speak Lord, Your Servant is Listening"
I must come to the Bible prayerfully and expectantly. What am I expecting in prayer when I am reading the bible? In prayer, I should expect to hear God’s Word. If it is the love-letter, then whatever I feel when I read a love-letter, I should be able to feel when I read the Bible.

Therefore, I must approach the bible with the same attitude of Samuel. Samuel said, "Speak Lord, Your servant is listening."(1 Samuel 3:10) With a listening heart, I must begin to read – not carelessly, No! With a lot of affection and love and faith, I must expectantly wait for God to talk to me, and wait to listen to what God has to tell to me. I will listen and I will hear God talking to me.

1 comment:

Micki said...

I think I sometimes need a hearing aid or He has to shout louder (said only in humor). But I do need to pay more attention and LISTEN closer. Thanks for that reminder.