5/8/10

Rejoice when you are pesecuted for Christ's sake.


Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 15:18-21

If the world hates you, realize that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, the world would love its own; but because you do not belong to the world, and I have chosen you out of the world, the world hates you. Remember the Word I spoke to you, 'No slave is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. And they will do all these things to you on account of my name, because they do not know the one who sent me.

"Because you do not belong to the world, and I have chosen you out of the world, the world hates you"

Our Lord's will is that we should rejoice and leap for joy when we are persecuted (Mt 5,12) because, when persecutions come, it is then that crowns of faith are given (cf. Jas 1,12), then that Christ's soldiers prove themselves, then that the heavens open to their witnesses. We aren't employed among God's forces only to think of quiet, running away from service when the Teacher of humility, patience and suffering has himself provided the same service before us. What he taught he first of all carried out, and if he exhorts us to stand firm it is because he himself suffered before us and on our behalf.
.
**Our Lady's Medjugorje Message of March 25, 2010
"Dear children! Also today I desire to call you all to be strong in prayer and in the moments when Trials Attack You. Live your Christian vocation in joy and humility and witness to everyone. I am with you and I carry you all before my Son Jesus, and He will be your strength and support. Thank you for having responded to my call." 03/2010

No comments: