4/19/12

Medjugorje is full of pilgrims


NUMEROUS PILGRIMS IN MEDJUGORJE

Medjugorje is full of pilgrims in this Easter time. The Information Office registered smaller or bigger groups from: England, Romania, France, Slovakia, Albania, Portugal, Germany, Italy, Austria, Hungary, Lebanon, the United States, Ireland, Brazil, Poland, Mexico, Canada, Slovenia, Korea, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.

We had opportunity to speak to Mrs. Maired Peoples who came from Northern Ireland. She came to Medjugorje in 1985 and brings groups since 1986. At the time she came first, she did not know a lot about Medjugorje, she was on her way to Italy and Medjugorje was just one place on that trip that they were to visit. “As we drove in the bus, they spoke about Medjugorje as of really beautiful place where Blessed Mother appears every day, but I found it hard to believe in that.

When we arrived to Medjugorje they said that there was going to be an apparition that evening. I was somewhere on the side and I started to pray the Rosary that I never prayed before. At the end of the Rosary, I knelt and started to pray. I said to Our Lady: ‘Our Lady, I do not know whether it is possible that you are coming here, but if you are here, please Mother, I need you, I need you!’ In that moment I felt as She embraced me, I felt love that I had never felt before and my life is not the same after that moment!”

She said how she witnessed that people changed because of Medjugorje, how they are being healed when they come here. At the end she added: “You need to come to Medjugorje, there are no words to describe this place. This is where one feels peace and love.”

Few days ago musical concert was held in the church of St. James and students of grammar school of St. Aloysius Gonzaga from Canadian town Mississauge were performing. All those who were present were thrilled, but especially relatives and friends of one student who is originally from Herzegovina. He is the only student out of 50 of them who comes from little place close to Siroki Brijeg, called Izbicno and who had huge influence at that group of students to come and visit Medjugorje.    Medjugorje Official

No comments: