5/16/12

Go into the upper room with Mary and all the saints. Wait there for the fulfillment of our Father's promise, for "within a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit" (Acts 1:5).

 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiq6xkKO0oq_rEmOY7phc9TwC97BmjdtH8c_wmLc4TByLnLDf36Bh6k33s8kiurK1cMB6zx9ifLjmVeLkHbsWw3LntnnOzREy0TQ9v6cFnch_2GIPGb7swubh0Y5Kp3_HF0R0vjQSg1HZ2b/s1600/Holy+Spirit+and+Our+Lady.jpg

LIFT OFF

"Wait, rather, for the fulfillment of My Father's promise." -Acts 1:4

We have been in intense prayer for eighty days - forty days of Lent and forty days of Easter. Today we reach the feast of the Ascension, the beginning of the grand finale of the Easter season.

Soon we will began a Holy Spirit novena, nine days of prayer for a new Pentecost in our day. Our prayer will be answered as the Spirit will be lavished on us (Ti 3:6) without ration (Jn 3:34). Then we will have the power to be Jesus' witnesses right where we are and even to the ends of the earth (Acts 1:8). In the power of the Holy Spirit, we will make disciples of all nations by baptizing them and teaching them to obey all Jesus commanded (Mt 28:19-20).

On this feast of the Ascension, we begin the countdown to a new Pentecost. Celebrate this feast with your whole heart. Don't just sandwich a quick Mass into the midst of a busy day. Make this a holy day - a day especially set apart for God. Plan for the Holy Spirit novena. Cancel or postpone whatever you can in this week before Pentecost. Give yourself more time to give God prime time.
Go into the upper room with Mary and all the saints. Wait there for the fulfillment of our Father's promise, for "within a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit" (Acts 1:5).

Father, may I thirst for the Spirit more than for anything else (see Jn 7:37).

~Messages from Our Lady~

 Dear children! Today I call you, through prayer and sacrifice, to prepare yourselves for the coming of the Holy Spirit. Little children, this is a time of grace and so, again, I call you to decide for God the Creator. Allow him to transform and change you. May your heart be prepared to listen to, and live, everything which the Holy Spirit has in his plan for each of you. Little children, allow the Holy Spirit to lead you on the way of truth and salvation towards eternal life. Thank you for having responded to my call. Medjugorje message, May 25, 1998

Dear children, Today I call you to open your heart to the Holy Spirit and to permit him to transform you. My children, God is the immeasurable good and therefore, as a mother, I implore you to pray, pray, pray, fast and hope that it is possible to attain that good, because love is born of that good. The Holy Spirit will reinforce that good in you and you will be able to call God your Father. Through this exalted love, you will sincerely come to love all people and, through God, consider them brothers and sisters. Thank you. Medjugorje message, November 2, 2007

2 comments:

Ed Sousa said...

Acts 1:8
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Ed Sousa said...

Message to Mirjana - February 2, 2012

Today, February 2, 2012, Our Lady appeared to the visionary Mirjana and delivered the following message:

Dear children; I am with you for so much time and already for so long I have been pointing you to God’s presence and His infinite love, which I desire for all of you to come to know. And you, my children? You continue to be deaf and blind as you look at the world around you and do not want to see where it is going without my Son. You are renouncing Him - and He is the source of all graces. You listen to me while I am speaking to you, but your hearts are closed and you are not hearing me.

You are not praying to the Holy Spirit to illuminate you.

My children, pride has come to rule. I am pointing out humility to you. My children, remember that only a humble soul shines with purity and beauty because it has come to know the love of God. Only a humble soul becomes heaven, because my Son is in it. Thank you. Again I implore you to pray for those whom my Son has chosen - those are your shepherds.